All content © Robert Williamson

All content © Robert Williamson

Saturday, March 13, 2010

CHOMPING AT THE BIT

Some horses will chomp or chew on the bit when they are impatient or bored. I have been waiting for a good spring day so I could get outside. Like a horse chomping on a bit, I have been impatient and bored with the winter. Finally, A good day comes along and I ask my wife if she wants to go hike in the foothills above Ogden. She said yes, and we drove to the Bues Creek Trailhead. We decided to make it a short hike, maybe spend two or three hours on the trail. Earlier in the day I had run 12 miles non-stop so I wasn't looking for a real workout. We just felt like getting outside, breathing fresh air, and spending time together. I expected it to be a little muddy, and for the north facing slopes and trail to have a little snow. I also figured the south facing slopes and trail would be free of snow at the lower elevation and dry. That is the condition we found.

No comments:

Post a Comment