All content © Robert Williamson

All content © Robert Williamson

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Up a Notch

I just watched the weather report and this insistent rain is going to stop. Finally, I will be able to set my goals and accomplish them. I have been running in a drizzle for what seems like forever. I have cut back on my distance. It's time to turn it up a notch. If I'm going to run over the mountain sometime this summer, then I have to change a few things. I need to increase distance. I need to eat better. I need to get more sleep. My mind has been wandering all over the place the last couple of months and it has been affecting my sleep. Time to change.

I've got to get mentally ready too. I have one fear about this mountain run: cougar! Since this is a solo run, I have been thinking about and dreaming about being attacked by a mountain lion. I know the chances of an attack are slim, yet it is on my mind. I have seen cougar sign in the area and that sparks my imagination. I want to have long periods of isolation on this run----nothing but me and the wilds. I just don't want it too wild. Besides, having a cougar as a running partner ruins the solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment