All content © Robert Williamson

All content © Robert Williamson

Friday, November 26, 2010

Winter Tricks

Winter came blasting in on Tuesday afternoon. The prediction was for a blizzard. The snow rode in on some good wind, and it was cold, but the actaul snow (at least in my area) was only about an inch deep. To be honest, I've seen worse storms. The snow storms that hang out for a day or two and pile up valley snow are the ones I dislike. My back is getting too brittle and weak for the shoveling.

It is cold. The Arctic air associated with this storm is bitter and a month or two early. I'm looking at two options this winter: a long and cold winter, or an early winter with an early spring. I bet you can't guess the one I'm hoping for.

Time to trick my mind. I'm going to listen to some good Hawaiian music. Let's see where are those lyrics:

Palehua

E kahea mai ana
'O Palehua e
Wahi lani ha 'ole
Ke kuahiwi kaulana
Wehe i ka lani
'Auhea wale ana 'oe
'O Palehua e

Calling to me
Is Palehua
A heavenly place
Unforgettable
Famous mountain
Unveiled to the heavens
Hear my call
Oh Palehua

---words by Amy Hanaiali'i

No comments:

Post a Comment