All content © Robert Williamson

All content © Robert Williamson

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

ROY DAYS 5K and UPCOMING EVENTS

Had a blast running the Roy Days 5K Saturday the 6th of August. It was a tough little run. I haven't kept up on my training this year and knew going into the run that I would be a little slow and sucking some wind. I ran with my bro-in-law, Mark. There was 119 men runners and about 300 runners overall. Mark and I placed 53rd and 54th overall, which isn't too bad for a couple of "older" gentlemen. Our time of 26.21 was off a bit but something we can work on. Our next adventure is a 17 mile mountain bike ride from Logan Canyon to Bear lake.

My wife and I have a hike planned to reach the summit of Ben Lomond (North Ogden Peak) in a couple of weeks. We are trying to be at the summit at dark so we can watch the Perseid meteor shower from the top. We will then hike out in the darkness. Stay tuned for a detailed report.

Fly fishing? I have not been in a position to get out like normal. Hopefully, that will change. My favorite time to be on stream is fast approaching. School will start soon and all the kids and campers will be out of the mountains for the most part---then it's prime time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment