All content © Robert Williamson

All content © Robert Williamson

Friday, March 25, 2016

Time to Hit it Hard

I've been dragging this past year, partly because of time constraints, and partly because of mental focus. But the weather is starting to cooperate, and time constraints have changed a little. I plan to get back jogging my 3 mile route in the near future to prepare for all the outdoor activities I enjoy.

We've had an average snow season so getting into the high country will not be as quick as it was last year. So the hikes my wife and I have to take to keep on our hiking goal will wait until later in the summer and fall.

I've had my eye on a mountain bike ride for the past two years and want to find time to do it this year. It does involve a high ridge line that I'm sure will have snow at least into the end of June--so, another late summer adventure.

Last year the local paper did a little story about our hiking goal and adventures. I wasn't to happy about the mid-life crisis part, but I guess it fits. Here's a link to the story:

http://www.standard.net/Recreation/2015/06/04/Finding-balance-in-the-outdoors.html


No comments:

Post a Comment