All content © Robert Williamson

All content © Robert Williamson

Saturday, March 19, 2011

DECLARING SPRING!

I'm declaring Spring!

It's not official yet, but I'm declaring Spring is here. What snow may fall here in Utah will melt quickly in the valley. The temperatures are starting to stay around 50 during the day. Reports of Blue-winged Olive mayflies hatching on some of the rivers is welcomed news.

There's a bunch of snow up in the mountains and the ski resorts will probably run until Father's Day depending on how they planned their insurance this year, but I'm starting to plan my outside activities and that is always a good thing.

As always, I will be posting on my blog the little adventures I experience. I'm planning a few hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, and fly fishing activities.

I've already started my training runs to make sure I'm in shape to enjoy what the Rocky Mountain Region has to offer. Let the fun begin!

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of varmints--good to hear from you. Too much snow. Long winter. Flowing water that is fishable will be hard to find. I'll let you know when I head north to Cache Valley.

    ReplyDelete